Australia Wide Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Australia Wide Personnel Group. Since 1979, we have built a reputation as one of Australia’s leading recruiters of professional engineering, technical and technology staff.
The business handles permanent and contract assignments and operates from offices in Melbourne and Sydney. We have an impressive track record in recruiting from technician level through to operations, engineering and senior management. We are one of the major recruiters of professional engineering staff in Australia.
Australia Wide Engineering Recruitment is 100% Australian owned and all of our four directors actively work in the business. We are long standing corporate members of the Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (RCSA) and our Managing Director, Stephen Noble, is a councillor for the Vic/Tas division of the RCSA.
We’ve got the experience
To provide value to our clients and candidates in the recruitment process, we believe our consulting staff need vast experience to draw upon. All of our consultants have at least 9 years relevant experience in recruitment and industry.
We’re with you for the long haul
We’re very successful at developing and maintaining long term client and candidate relationships. Key to this is retention of our own staff. Remarkably for our industry the average length of service of our consultants is 11 years. Our clients and candidates know that the consultant they deal with today is likely to be the same one they’re dealing with year after year.
We’re deeply embedded in the engineering & technical sectors
Since 1979 when we opened our business we’ve become extremely well connected, not just through our recruitment activities, but also by taking various initiatives such as:
- We established the “Australian Engineering Career Network” on LinkedIn which has grown to be the largest Australian LinkedIn Group focused on engineering careers. We provide regular advice and information for Group members relevant to job seeking and careers in the engineering sector. We also run a second LinkedIn Group, the “Australian Engineers Mentoring Group Hosted by Australia Wide Engineering Recruitment” where we aim to link up experienced engineers to act as mentors for junior engineers.
- Since 2008 we have distributed our quarterly “Engineering & Technical Recruitment Market Commentary” to around 28,000 candidates and client contacts. The commentary gives our specialist consultant’s views on how each of the main engineering / technical recruitment markets we operate in are performing.
- We frequently give engineering career related presentations for relevant industry associations and large groups of undergraduate engineers at universities.
- We are perceived by the media as being experts in engineering recruitment and careers. In recent years our views have been published by The Australian, The Herald Sun, The Sydney Morning Herald, BRW and ABC Radio News.
- We provided a submission to the Senate Inquiry into The Shortage of Engineering and Related Employment Skills. We believe we were the only recruitment agency to make a submission to the inquiry.
Our areas of expertise
- Manufacturing, Processing & Operations
- Food, Beverages & Pharmaceuticals
- Building Services
Ready to discuss your recruitment needs?
Please call us today or complete our form below and we’ll call you back.